Director: Mr. Sunday Baba
To effectively sustain and build a positive image for the Ministry/Government through the adaptation of modern public relations delivery system, in facilitating good relationship between Government, the Media and its various public.
The Public Relations Unit as a foremost image maker for the Ministry shall pursue the development and application of the tools of communication, to establish effective and efficient information gathering, dissemination and response mechanism for the attainment of stability and enlightening Nigeria, its corporate existence, and national interest.
- Creation of goodwill for the Federal Government through the implementation of appropriate Public Relations strategies.
- Mobilizing and sustaining positive image for Government, its policies and programmes.
- Creation of a co-ordinate relationship between the Ministry, professional media and related bodies, government and the public.
The Unit, as an integral Arm of the Hon. Minister’s office, handles the following activities:
- Co-ordination of protocol duties of the Hon. Minister’s Office and that of the Permanent Secretary.
- Production of souvenirs and gift items.
- FMIC/NACA HIV/AIDS non stigmatization and Gender programmes.
- Co-ordination of Community and Media Relations.
- Attending of national and international conferences on behalf of the Ministry.
- Goodwill Relations with Community leaders, Diplomatic communities, NGOs and NASS Committee Relations.
- Purchase of National Newspapers and keeping the Hon. Minister update on national issues.
- Acts as a buffer and image maker for the Ministry and the Federal Government.
- Awareness creation and sensitization activities.
- Adhoc activities.