Good evening Your Excellencies and thank you most sincerely for giving me this opportunity to unveil to you the Federal Government’s National Re-orientation Campaign, CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME.
- The Change Begins With Me campaign, which was launched by President Muhammadu Buhari on Sept. 8th 2016, is aimed at achieving a paradigm shift in the way we do things. It is geared towards achieving an attitudinal change. As they say, you cannot continue to do things the same way and expect a different result. With the total breakdown of our core values in the past years, it is imperative that we re-orientate ourselves with a view to restoring those time-tested values.
- Your Excellencies, it is important to note that this is a national campaign. It has no political, religious or ethnic coloration. The breakdown in our time-tested values, the preference for imported goods, the poor attitude to work, the mindless corruption in our society, the lack of respect for national symbols etc, are not limited to any part of the country, any political party or any religion. They affect us all.
- We are of the strong belief that your cooperation is absolutely important if the campaign is to succeed, hence we have taken up this opportunity to formally unveil it to you and to seek your collaboration. In particular, we want to appeal to Your Excellencies to grant us generous airtime on your state radio and television stations for the regular broadcast of the radio and television jingles, free of charge. Letters to this effect, as well as the jingles, are being dispatched to your offices.
- And in the days ahead, we will also be launching CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME in all the states of the Federation. We will alert you ahead of the launch in your respective states, and we will require your full support and total involvement in the launch activities.
- Your Excellencies, I now present to you the National Re-orientation campaign CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME, in the same multi-media format in which it will be carried out.
- Thank you for watching, Your Excellencies, my name is Alhaji Lai Mohammed. Minister of Information and Culture of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME