Let me thank the MD and his team for taking us on a passenger’s Journey through Terminal 2
We were taken through the experiences of passengers departing from and arriving at the Terminal
This journey took us through
Check in area
Passport control/Immigration Desks
Six Boarding Gates
Praying area for Muslims and Christians
Port health screening
Baggage claim area
I must confess. It was an exhilarating experience comparable to what obtains anywhere in the world
Let me summarize the pre-visit information provided for us by FAAN
- The new International Terminal 2 of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, was not built to replace Terminal 1. It was built to complement it.
That’s why we were told that You could check in at one Terminal and Board at the other. So there is a handshake between the two Terminals.
- It was the first terminal added to the original terminal since it was built some 40 years ago.
- The Terminal 2 Project started in 2013 and was completed by the present administration in 2022 under a bilateral agreement with the People’s Republic of China.
- The terminal, which has state-of-the art facilities and fittings, has the capacity to
process 14 million passengers per annum.
- It has 60 check-in counters, 5 Baggage Claim Belts, 16 departure desks and 28
- There are 8 Security Screening Points at the International Terminal 2.and 7 Passenger
- There is a whole new experience in terms of aesthetics, comfort, free trolley services,
Hotel and premium lounges, friendly customer services and free wifi.
- Over 10,000 direct and indirect job opportunities have been created in the news
Gentlemen, what you have seen at the Terminal in Lagos is replicated in four other terminals across the country
This edifice, and the others like it, is a testament to the commitment of the Buhari Administration’s unprecedented infrastructure development covering roads, bridges, rail, water dams, sea ports, etc.
No Administration in the history of Nigeria has done this much, especially at a time of scarcity of resources