Good afternoon everyone.
2. We are here today to receive the report of the Implementation Committee for the Post-Covid-19 Initiatives Committee on the Creative Industry.
3. Recall that I inaugurated the Implementation Committee on Tuesday, Aug. 18th 2020, with the following terms of reference:
– Design an implementation plan on immediate and short-term relief for the Creative Industry in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic (Short Term)
– Design a Policy Framework for Tax Relief for the various sectors in the Creative Industry, if it is identified as one of the measures aimed at achieving immediate and short-term relief for the Industry
– Work out a detailed implementation plan for a long-term intervention for the overall development of the Creative industry in Nigeria (long term)
4. I am reliably informed that the report we are receiving today has been ready for some weeks, but could not be submitted due to scheduling problems.
5. I want to most sincerely commend the Chairman of the Implementation Committee, Otunba Segun Runsewe, and his members – Ali Baba (Deputy Chairman), Anita Eboigbe, Baba Agba and Joe Mutah (Secretary) – for their painstaking work that culminated in the report.
6. I am informed that the Chairman of the Committee set up a secretariat at the NCAC to coordinate the activities of the committee, in addition to printing and branding of the various documents for the correspondences of the committee.
7. Also, I learnt that the committee engaged with the broad spectrum of the entire Creative Sector. This act of inclusiveness is most welcome, and has been justified by the stakeholders’ commendations that poured in through the various media platforms
8. I can assure you that we will study the report and commence its implementation in earnest. Once again, I thank the Implementation Committee for its great sense of duty, and I thank you all for your kind attention.